There are many benefits of energy efficiency and here are the top five of them: 1. The average US household spends 4250 £/year on energy. You can sa
There are many benefits of energy efficiency and here are the top five of them:
1. The average US household spends 4250 £/year on energy.
You can save up to 30% by buying energy star appliances. Use energy-efficient halogens, CFLs or LEDs in stead of incandescent light bulbs and save 30-80% on energy bills. You can save 48£/year if washing clothes in cold water and 47£/year if you keep your tires inflated.
2. Energy efficiency can help save on a much bigger scale with American government saving
For example, 385 billion£ a year only in avoided energy costs. Also, energy efficiency projects create jobs and spur innovation in the industry.
3. Energy efficiency also saves natural resources and reduces pollution.
The United States save 56% energy through energy-efficient technologies and policies thus eliminating the need to import energy sources. Also, investments in energy efficiency have reduced the greenhouse gas emissions by 1.1 gigatons per year.
4. Energy efficiency reduces the need for fossil fuels which also decreases America’s dependency on foreign energy resources.
The armed forces use energy efficient equipment and vehicles which saves money that can be used in defense programs. It also decreases the risk for soldiers serving abroad since there were 1100 attacks on fuel convoys in 2011 alone. Less fuel consumption means fewer fuel convoys and fewer casualties.
5. Energy efficiency can improve your quality of life.
You will be more comfortable, productive and more accessible. You won’t need to change your light bulbs as often; it will be easier to get around with new smart transportation systems and productivity will increase by taking advantage of energy efficiency.